Gals is the westernmost community of canton Bern. The border to canton Neuchâtel is formed by the Zihl canal. The village itself has retained its harmonic and homey appearance. The area around Gals was already inhabited in the stone, iron and bronze ages. The monastery of St. Johannsen was founded in 1096. After a long and eventful history it now serves as a state reformatory.
Good to know
T. +41 (0) 32 338 23 13